A carved oak commemorative plate dedicated, "to COL. Oswald, DSO., on the first anniversary, in May 1947, the Oswald House, in Marienheide, Germany." The front of the plate depicts Oswald House with Red Deer in the foreground. Carved around the rim of the plate is a tennis racket, a fishing rod, a pair of guns and target, a pair of skis and a yacht. Also carved are the words "MARIENHEIDE GERMANY, OPEN MAY 1946A nice sporting collectable of very goodquality.
44.5 cm diameter17½" diameter