is proud to present
This American Empire Revival Solid Cherry with Mahogany Veneer Drop-Leaf Work or Sewing Table C. 1850.
• This solid cherry work table is styled after the Empire period, also known as Late Classical.
• This is a 2-drawer, drop-leaf work table mounted on an exuberantly bulbous, vase-turned baluster pedestal.
• The drawer fronts are veneered in a rich, matched crotch mahogany.
• The table top, leaves, pedestal, base and feet are all composed of a richly patinated cherry wood in the original finish.
• The drawers have each 2 faceted crystal knobs.
• The top drawer is adorned with a diamond-shaped brass key escutcheon. The lock itself has been removed.
• The 2 drawers are dovetailed on the front corners. The drawer undersides are of planed, chamfered pine boards.
• The pedestal is mounted on a 4 sided, concave curved platform.
• The large and bulbous bun feet are ring turned, incised and mounted on original brass castors.
28 1/4 inches high
18 5/8 inches wide with leaves dropped.
34 3/8 inches wide with leaves extended.
18 5/8 inches deep
The pedestal base measures 16 inches wide.
This small table was originally used for holding needlework; it would make an excellent nightstand today.
• The top shows some areas of discoloration and some scratches, consistent with antique furniture. See photographs of table top.
• The left facing drop leaf displays some “spread-eagling” due to age shrinkage.
This work table may be picked up in Boylston, MA.
We can arrange for delivery within 100 miles.
Please e-mail for a delivery estimate with your location and particulars.
All items are sold "as is" and all sales are final. This is an antique piece of furniture; small nicks and scratches are part of the beauty of an antique and are not described unless significant.
Please ask any questions prior to offering to purchase.