An Rockingham glazed 19th century novelty, Boot shaped Flask - For Sale
An Rockingham glazed 19th century novelty, Boot shaped Flask
An unusual Rockingham treacle glazed flask in the shape boot
There is some conjecture as to its use, some saying it was a whiskey or gin flask,
others saying that it would be to large in size to confortably fit into a pocket and
therefore was used as a boot warmer filled with hot sand.
Circa: 19th century
Provenance: Private Estate / Lincolnshire
Dimensions: 4.5 inches (11.5cm) Width x 1.5 inches (4cm) Depth x 5.5 inches (14cm) Height approx
icollect, London, UNITED KINGDOM
• We specialize in rare and novelty antiques but also cater for all tastes and price ranges.
• If you are unsure about any item or would like further details please contact us first, we respond to all E-Mails within 24 hours unless otherwise stated (i.e. if we are away and uncertain about having internet access available). We are always pleased to assist.
• Buy with confidence we are a customer orientated company, and believe in rewarding regular clients who have supported us.
• Every effort is made regarding the accuracy of descriptions, in the unlikely event that a description is wrong we will take responsibility and offer a full refund or settlement; if you are browsing and observe an item with an in-accurate description then please notify us, it will be received with thanks and be amended ASAP. We offer full guarantees on all items sold as being described accurately.
• We offer an exceptional customer services policy and will do everything possible to resolve any issues. In the event that a client has simply changed their mind after receiving their purchase we will offer a full refund (less full postage / insurance) only after the item has been returned in good / unchanged condition.
• Our new animated website will be launched early in the New Year
• Items are ready to be dispatched usually within 24hrs of cleared payment
• Prices given do not include Shipping and insurance