The Forestville Manufacturing Company was founded in Bristol, Connecticut around 1835 and continued making clocks under that name until 1839. The company, established by J.C. Brown;J. Goodrich;L.Walters; Chauncey Boardman and W. Hills made eight day movements and used various labels. The company later became the E.N. Welch Clock Company and finally the Sessions Clock Company. Most of their OG clocks (so-called because of the case design) incorporated a single door. A few however featured two doors and were known as 'DOUBLE-DOOR O.G.s'. This is one of those very scarce double-door OGs and retains its original painted wooden dial which includes the name of the company and is in a wonderful state of preservation, with only a couple age lines (see photograph). The eight-day weight-powered movement has been professionally cleaned and adjusted for perfect operation. The strike sounds each hour and the lower door glass has its original Fenn glass (see photograph). Fenn was a renowned painted and designer of reverse painted door glasses used on some of the better-quality clocks in the 19th Century. The label inside the clock is mostly flaked off and gone, but enough remains to identify the case as being original to the dial on which the Forestville name is printed. This is what some clock experts call a "Collector's Clock"--VERY scarce and collectible and priced reasonably in that regard.