Boylston Antiques is Proud to Offer for Sale
An 1845 Wall Map of the United States by J.L. Woodbridge, published by Phelps & Ensign, 62”x47” Orig.
A linen-backed 19th century wall map of the United States.
• Map is entitled: “Map of the United States with Recent Counties, Cities, Villages and Internal Improvements in the Western States”.
• Map is drawn by J.L. Woodbridge, Geographer and Topographical Engineer.
• Map is published by Phelps & Ensign, New York, 1845.
• Steelplate engraved; original color.
• Original rods.
• Bottom Roller with acorn finials is 66” long.
• Top Rod is 65” long.
• 62” wide by 47” high.
• Engraving below map title is called “New Canal at Little Falls, New York”.
• There are 4 inset maps:
o Inset map of the Republic of Texas.
o Inset map of the south part of Florida.
o Inset map of northern Maine and lower Canada.
o Inset map of North America including the West Indies.
• There is an inset chart with US Census Of the U. States and Territories with Population figures from 1820, 1830 & 1840, including numbers of slaves in each state in 1830, and the area in sq. miles of each state and territory.
• There is an inset chart of the comparative heights of the Principal Mountains in the U. States.
• An elevation chart of the United States runs along the bottom border of the map.
All items are sold "as is". This is antique map; small nicks and scratches are part of the beauty of an antique and are not described unless significant. The condition of this map is generally good. There is some water staining on the top and some fraying on the lower right edge (see photos).
This map may be picked up in Boylston, MA.
We can deliver this map to areas within a 100 mile radius. Email for a delivery estimate.
Shipping can be arranged for destinations beyond our local delivery area. E-mail for a shipping estimate. CONUS shipping will be via USPS Priority Mail Hold for Pick-Up.
Please ask any questions prior to offering to purchase.
Antique Paper Items