SOLD Antique 19th century Russian / Caucasian Cossack’s Islamic short sword Dagger Kindjal.
DETAILS: Broad tapering double-edged blade cut on both sides with a slender fuller, deeply struck with a Caucasian sword smith’s mark. Iron hilt, fitted with a pair of grip-scales retained by two domed iron rivets with a hole for a suspension tassel in the middle.
MEASUREMENTS: Overall length: 63 cm (24 3/4 in).
CONDITION: Showing the age and usage, blade with a dark patina and scratches from cleaning and sharpening, slightly bent with crack in the middle of the outer site (please see photos).
1) "Weapons of the Caucasian nations" by E.Astvacaturyan.
2) "Caucasian Arms from the State Hermitage Museum St.Petersburg" by Yurij A.Miller.
3) "Edged Weapons in the collection of the Russian Museum of Ethnography".
4) "Les Armes Cosaques et Caucasiennes" by Laroslav Lebedynsky.
5) "Chechen Arms" by Isa Askhabow.
6) "The edged weapons of the Kuban Cossacks by Boris Frolov.
ALL ITEMS ARE GUARANTEED TO BE AUTHENTIC ANTIQUES, AND NOT REPRODUCTIONS.
ALL OUR ARTIFACTS ARE ACCOMPANIED BY A CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY.
WE SHIP INTERNATIONALLY