This Fr. Pohlschröder Safe, Germany, is in Excellent Condition,c.1880. Company started by Friedrich Pohlschröder in 1855 in Dortmund, a city in the North Rhine-Westphalia state in western Germany. In the late 19th century, Dortmund was a major center for coal and steel. This is reflected in the marking “stahl-panzer,” or steel lined, on the interior of the safe door. The safe is comprised of three lockable cabinets over an open area which was designed to keep accounting records; the whole secured by three locks in the exterior door. The later base has one interior shelf and a lockable door. The four medals at the bottom of the logo inside the door reflect exhibition medals awarded to the company including the Industrial Exhibition at Altoona in 1869, and an exhibition in Dortmund in 1864.. It also states that the safe is patented, steel-lined and fireproof. The safe is numbered 2151. *For more information see: Truhen, Schlösser und Tresore, by Ludwig Holtmeier, pp. 67-71. Measuring 24.5” D x 30” W x 77” H, Serious Inquiries are Welcome!
Instruments and Implements