» Antiques  

Antique Glossary

Search By Alphabetic Order

This is a form of writing desk which resembles a chest of drawers, but in which the top "drawer" and/or a flap or brushing-slide pulls out to provide the writing surface. This surface may also take the form of a simple top surface on the chest beneath, or it may have a flat-front flap, or fall-front to provide the writing surface. See also bureau .