Size: 8 1/2" by 10"
Approximately 1926 the Spinks family from Indianapolis built the Spink Wawasee Hotel on the site of the Cedar Beach Club and the Wawasee Inn. It was a great hotel for the lake and at that time they were allowed to gamble in the hotel. Wawasee is a sandy bottomed lake and the beaches are wonderful for swimming, as well as for fishing. Following the death of the Spink family the Spink Wawasee was sold to the Croster Order of the Roman Catholic Church in 1948 and after extensive remodeling was opened as Our Lady of the Lake Seminary with an enrollment of 118 students. This is a beautiful site on Wawasee Lake and stands out to be seen in most areas of the lake as a guide to where you are in a boat. Ken Harkless drew these pictures as a remembrance of the Wawasee Lake in the early years and are suitable for framing
Art (paintings, prints, frames) Architecture & Cityscape